Monday, March 11, 2013

Variations of a Summer Bouquet

Photoshop's Impressionist Brush sounded interesting to me so I opened up a pic that I took last summer and tried it out. The Impressionist Brush tool is similar to some of the Artistic and Brush Stroke filters, but instead of selecting the entire pic, one can "paint" over just certain parts.

Original
This is what happens when you use the Impressionist Brush from the Toolbox:
"Paint" over the pic with the Impressionist Brush
This reminds me of  a watercolour
I thought I'd try out a few filters while I had the file open and here are a few of my favourites:
Artistic>Palette Knife
I'd like to print this on canvas just as is
Artistic>Poster Edges (maximum settings)

Artistic>Poster Edges (minimum settings)
I like this one better
Posterized - Level 4
This is quite a lot more dramatic than the next one which was at a lower level

Posterized - Level 2
Brush Strokes>Sumi-e
Sumi-e is a classical Asian ink painting that focuses on simple lines and open space. This does not look like sumi-e but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment