Monday, March 11, 2013

Stargazer Lily Makes a Great Subject for Filter Fun

The effects of the various filters available in Photoshop show up really well on a single subject. I had seen a Stargazer Lily being used in one of my reference books and I thought I'd like to try it out myself. Here are some interesting filters that I applied (in alphabetical order):

Under Filter>Artistic:

Coloured Pencil
Paint Daubs
Plastic Wrap
Rough Pastels
Smudge Stick
Sponge
Watercolour
Under Filter>Brush Strokes:
Ink Outlines
Under Filter>Distort:
Diffuse Glow
Glass

Under Filter>Pixellate:
Mosaic

Pointilize
Under Filter>Render:
Difference Clouds
Under Filter>Sketch:
Chalk and Charcoal
Under Filter>Stylize:
Emboss
Glowing Edges
Solarize
Under Filter>Texture:

Craquelure
Craquelure refers to the hairline surface cracking of paintings into characteristic texture patterns determined by climate conditions and materials used in the creation of the painting. In the 18th century, Craquelure was so popular that to English painters it became known as Craquelure anglaise. Today, forgers and restorers often imitate it to enhance the look of authenticity in their works.
Patchwork
Stained Glass


2 comments:

  1. Wow, makes me miss my photoshop. I'll be looking for lessons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it. We can teach each other stuff.

      Delete