Sunday, March 17, 2013

All I Want to Do is Outline My Text

It started out as a simple request, but it lead me to some great text effects available in Photoshop. First I grabbed an image of cherries and duplicated the layer (as always never work on the background original image). Next I typed the word "Cherries" using Impact font, 150 pt, and colour white. Then I applied different effects to it by clicking on the Effects tab, selecting Text Effects from the pull down menu, and then selecting the various options.

Original
Bold Outline
Medium Outline and Thin Outline are also available
Brushed Metal
doesn't seem appropriate here but I'm sure it has its uses
Cast Shadow
Clear Emboss
Confetti
Wood Panelling is another effect but I didn't bother showing it here
Running Water
doesn't look appropriate here but may be of use somewhere sometime
Sprayed Stencil
Water Reflection
These are just the Text Effects and there is a whole new world of Layer Styles in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment